This is my first time with a trainer. What should I expect?
We will create a customized exercise program for you, designed to help you reach your unique health and fitness goals. We will take into account any unique situations such as an existing medical condition, current mobility, previous injuries, medications taken, etc. We will teach the proper mechanics of each exercise and will ensure that you are performing each with correct form, posture and tempo to make your workouts as safe and effective as they can be. We will also help you develop a more positive outlook on exercise by exploring options for making exercise more enjoyable. We review your short-term progress towards goals and assess feeling- and mood-state changes related to exercise, thereby improving your self confidence and motivation. Plain and simple, together we will reach your goals!
What is a consultation?
A consultation is our initial, complimentary meeting lasting 45 minutes. * During this time, we will:
- Discuss your fitness goals.
- Answer any fitness and nutrition questions you have.
- Measure body composition, if desired.
- Take baseline photos, if desired.
- Review your health history (injuries, diseases, conditions).
- Perform mobility screens and strength assessments.
- Conduct a cardio baseline assessment.
- Set you up with your personalized fitness app.
- Schedule your first workout
*Please dress in sneakers and workout clothing for the consultation.
What will my first session be like?
During the 60-minute session, we will:
- Go over the nutritional guidelines we have configured for you including caloric and macro-nutrient targets. We will also cover pre- and post-workout nutrition.
- Discuss techniques to enhance recovery and lean muscle growth.
- Take you through your first workout, teaching proper form, tempo and posture. Do a walk-through of the core stability routine you will be doing through the Trainerize app
What do I need for my first session?
- Proper workout clothes, including socks and sneakers
- A properly fueled body
- A willingness to work and a positive attitude!
- A clean workout towel
- Lifting gloves are not required, but are recommended.
How do we evaluate my progress?
We will conduct a re-evaluation of your plan bi-monthly by reviewing the below.
- Weekly body composition stats
- Progress photos
- Workouts completed in Trainerize
- Current and future goals
I have questions about online training, my training app (Trainerize) or in-home training.
For detailed FAQs for our online training services, visit the following link:
I have an injury. Is it safe to work out
We understand the importance of injury prevention and safety while working out. We help our clients with injury rehab, pain management and strengthening of underdeveloped areas on your body. With that being said, if you have sustained any injuries, please consult your doctor before starting any training plan.
What makes you different from chain gyms?
First and foremost, the big gyms certify their own trainers. This does not mean they have bad trainers but the chances of getting a quality, properly educated trainer are much lower. We also provide 45- minute workouts for the same price as 30 minutes with a chain gym. You decide… better quality and value or paying more for less. The choice is simple!
What certifications do you hold?
Jeff Blais is a Certified Personal Trainer (CPT) through NASM (National Academy of Sports Medicine) with specializations in Group Personal Training (GPT) and Weight Loss (WL). NASM is by far the most thorough and respected certification board in the fitness industry and is a nationally accredited certification recognized by NCCA (National Commission for Certifying Agencies).* NASM is part of Ascend Learning, the leader in providing technology-based education and certification solutions. For more than 20 years, the National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM) has set the standard in certification, continuing education, solutions and tools for health and fitness, sports performance and sports medicine professionals. NASM has pioneered evidence-based health and fitness solutions that optimize physical performance and allow individuals to achieve a variety of fitness activity goals. NASM is simply the best.
Do I have to sign a contract?
At Bodies by Blais, you will never be asked to sign a contract. You pay for the current month only. If you are unhappy with your results, we will do whatever we can to address the issue. If it cannot be resolved, we will refund the cost of any unused sessions.
What is your cancellation policy?
We ask that you give 24 hour notice if you must cancel or reschedule a session. We understand that life happens. We respect your time and ask that you do the same for us. We also ask that whenever a session is rescheduled that it is made up in the week it was originally scheduled. A plan only works if followed. This is to keep you on track so you will see the results you are working for.
What forms of payment do you accept?
What forms of payment do you accept?
- Zelle or Venmo directly from your smart phone or cash or check in person.